MEET OUR TRYB
Alexsys %22Lexy%22 Thompson
“My passion is creating safe spaces for souls to show up.”
Strategic, Connectedness, Futuristic, Intellection, Command
“You do have the ability and power to make a difference!”
Analytical, Individualization, Learner, Achiever, Deliberative
“Be courageous and tenacious in the pursuit of your dreams.”
Achiever, Belief, Responsibility, Woo, Activator
“Seeing the greatness in others allows you to see the greatness in yourself.”
Woo, Learner, Communication, Positivity, Achiever
“Dare to be the fullest expression of your best self, every day.”
Achiever, Command, Relator, Strategic, Input
“Refuse to settle for ‘good enough’.”
Learner, Responsibility, Strategic, Input, Restorative
Our vision is that every individual goes to a safe and healthy workplace where they are empowered to thrive.
OUR TRYBAL VALUES
Having an Abundance Mindset is a state of being; it means seeing there is plenty and displaying behavior cohesive with that.
Antonyms: Deficit Thinking, Scarcity Mindset
Behaviors: Sharing resources, collaboration, expressing gratitude regularly, constructive feedback, giving credit where credit is due, providing solutions proactively
In an environment where there is safety, there is an implicit trust and free flow of opinions, ideas and feedback.
Antonyms: Abusive Conduct, Bullying, Ridicule, Gossiping
Behaviors: Open to new ideas, collaborative, graceful acceptance of feedback, providing timely and kind feedback, maintaining confidence, making space for all ideas, including all team members, taking ownership of mistakes, kind candor, mutually respectful communication
Kind Candor allows individuals to become their best selves and the best team they can be by saying what needs to be said in a safe, compassionate manner. Kind Candor is an integral piece of creating safety and having meaningful dialogue.
Antonyms: Blame game, Scapegoat, Ridicule, Abusive Conduct
Behaviors: Timely feedback to build up another, expressing how an action affected you to build a solution for future interactions, taking ownership of mistakes, saying what you mean and what you don’t mean (contrasting), stating your path and seeking others
Respecting Time means being aware that time is valuable, specifically because it’s finite. It is one of the only things we can take from someone they can never get back. Being where you say you’ll be at the time you say you’ll be there, and concluding your meetings when you said they would comprise Respect Time.
Antonyms: Tardiness, “________ Ran Long”, No Show, Cancel Last Minute, Ill Prepared for Meeting
Behaviors: Arriving early, being prepared, resetting expectations as soon as an obstacles arises, creating an agenda to make sure meeting concludes on time, giving people the choice to leave should the meeting run long, defining clear take aways from every meeting
Know Thyself is embodied by heightened and continued self-awareness. By knowing your strengths and the areas you have an opportunity to grow or collaborate, you can contribute the best of yourself everyday.
Antonyms: No Self-Awareness, In Denial, Unwilling to Accept Feedback
Behaviors: Continued self-reflection, knowing your strengths, ownership of mistakes, leveraging teammates where necessary, developing strategies for success in areas we need improvement, seeking coaching and further development in areas of interest and strength, understanding your Style Under Stress, knowing how you like to be rewarded and motivated, recognizing opportunities for growth
Have Fun means what it says! Fun is an overlooked yet essential part of everything we do. You wouldn’t go to a party if you knew you wouldn’t have fun; we feel work shouldn’t be any different!
Antonyms: Bored, Miserable, Party Pooper, Stick in the Mud
Behaviors: Laughter, contagious smiling, sharing humorous emails or posts that are SFW, engaging in projects that are energizing and fun, working with team members collaboratively, joking in meetings, sharing positive feedback or accolades
Who We Are
We are a group of passionate and committed people who are striving to make the world a better place, one team at a time. Whether you’re looking to build something brilliant as an organizational team, business partners, leaders, or a couple, we’re here to empower you to do more than just survive. Why settle when you can thrive?!
What We Do
We put our heart and soul into working with teams to drive performance. Our work with you and your team gives you the tools and knowledge you need to build an abundance-based culture by design. This means you can achieve great results in what you do best sustainably and on purpose!
We take pride in our claim to fame; we leave you with everything you need to thrive long after we’re gone. Our #1 goal is results. The potency of any tool or knowledge is in its intelligent and successful application in producing something tangible and repeatable. We approach everything with that in mind!
We all face challenges in life, and it’s how we rise to those challenges that define the most crucial moments we experience. Whether you’re looking to address a specific need, or you simply want your team to move from good to great, the choice is yours; rise to the challenge the best way possible by joining forces with the Tryb!
Our Adjunct Tryb Members
Learn About Michael Thompson
Credentials & Experience:
- Neurobiological Handyman educational consultant
- Leadership Institute for Teens program developer and director
- Green Mountain Prevention Projects teen leadership program director and coordinator
- B.S 1991 from UVM
- MEd in progress at UVM
- Essex High School Health Teacher
- Varsity Girls Ice Hockey Coach
Learn About Craig
Jennifer & Ron Soos
Learn About Jennifer & Ron
Learn About Dr. Paula Butterfield
Background and credentials:
- Coaching executives and leaders since 1996
- Credentialed as a Professional Certified Coach by the International Coach Federation
- Executive coach in Notre Dame’s eMBA and Executive Integral Leader programs
- Member of the executive coach consortium for The Ohio State University
- Professional speaker representing a California-based neuroscience organization that offers continuing education programs for health and mental health professionals
- Certified in The Leadership Circle Profile, Leadership Maturity Profile, and MBTI
- Advanced training and work in Organizational and Relationship Systems Coaching [ORSC] and the Enneagram personality inventory
- PhD in counseling, OSU [Ohio]
- Executive MHA
- BA and MA in literature
Tomi W. Bryan
Ph.D., J.D., CCEP, BCC
Learn About Dr. Tomi Bryan
Dr. Bryan earned a J.D. from Wake Forest University and a Ph.D. in Management with a Specialization in Organizational Leadership and Change from Walden University. Her undergraduate degree from North Carolina State University is in Political Science.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Licensed attorney in NC
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Certified in Change Management by ProSci
- Board Certified Coach (BCC)
- International Certification in Organizational System Dynamics
- Certified by the Vibrational Sound Association in Himalayan Singing Bowl Deep Relaxation Technique
- Trained in Family Dynamics
- Certified by The Leadership Circle™ to deliver their classes, the TLCP 360°Assessment, Cultural Survey Assessment and Follow-Through Tool
- Certified by Discovery Learning to facilitate the Paper Planes® and The Exchange® simulations
Books & Publications:
- Modernizing The Hero’s Journey: Maximizing Leadership Presence, 2012
- The 5 Keys To The Great Life, 2009
- How To Keep The GSA Money Your Company Makes: Compliance, Best Practices & Other Useful Tools, 2006
- Staying Power: Work- Life Balance Initiatives for Retaining Young Lawyers (North Carolina Young Lawyers Division, Lawyer Effectiveness Committee), 2005
Tomi lives in Greensboro with her husband, Jim and their dog, Mojo. They have two sons, Shep and Warren. Tomi enjoys her time with family, a nice cozy book, and a great adventure.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, sign up for a Free On-the-House Consultation, and we will get back to as quickly as internet magic allows.
In the meantime, create a great day!